The Back Lowell Road
Kimball Webster devotes an entire chapter to “Highways and Biways” in his book. Many of the roads he discusses have been discontinued. This is a 1913 map of Hudson from his book with the “Back Lowell Road” highlighted.
‘Laid out October 15, 1749, three poles wide. This road began near the Rev. Mr. Merrill’s orchard and ran northerly, and over the Burns hill to the Lowell road near the Blodgett cemetery. There has been very little change in this road.”
Excerpt from the “History of Hudson NH” by Kimball Webster. 1911 Granite State Publishing, Manchester NH.
For more Hudson History, please visit RememberHudsonNHWhen.com!